The Dances of Universal Peace are joining many faith leaders at the Parliament of World Religions in Salt Lake City in October. This is going to be a powerful event as the world is coming into a significant healing time.
This web page will tell a bit about us and what we do: list links to the numerous organizations that support the dance, keep you posted of schedules, and highlight many dance camps happening around the world.
All are invited to our Wednesday evening of dance at Holy Trinity Cathedral downtown. This session is being provided free to the public (thanks to generous donations from the dance community)
- Wednesday evening, Oct 14th – In the Gym of the Holy Trinity Cathedral Greek Church 279 s 300 w SLC
- Donations still accepted here.
Parliament Dance Sessions in the Salt Palace
Please, join us in our presented dance sessions at the Parliament. We have been given a special spot to dance on Thursday evening, and will also be holding spontaneous dances throughout the week as the spirit moves!
The Dances (usually 90 minute sessions) are scheduled for:
- Thursday: 5 to 6 pm – North Foyer – Extra informal dance session in North Foyer as Women’s session closes, and before Plenary.
- Friday: 3:45 pm – Room 255EF – Pir Shabda’s session “Cultivating the Inner Life, Harmony with the Outer Life”
- Saturday: 11:45 am – Room 255A (Yoga Room) – Symposia of Dances of Universal Peace, Dance session
- Sunday: 7 to 8:00 am – Ballroom H – Rabbi Pam Frydman will be leading Jewish zikr. Session is called ” Hadrat Kodesh Sacred Chanting for Planetary Balance.”
- Monday: 9:00 am – Room 252AB – Honoring the Divine Feminine through the Diverse Spiritual traditions
- Monday: 2:00 pm – North Foyer – Symposia of Dances of Universal Peace, Dance session
Dance sessions are under presenter’s name Jennifer Friedman (who submitted the proposal, written by her, Narayan and Sky).
Find our Booth at POWR
- Dances of Universal Peace (#278)
- Hands of the Heart (#179)
Side by side, in the corner close to North Foyer. Our booths are across from RM 150, along the main corridor between South Entrance and Main Entrance, near stairs and bathrooms. If you look at this map of the Exhibit Hall, we are in the upper left corner: Map of booths
We are cohabiting space with Laurie Adams and Hands of the Heart Ceramics. She has helped sponsor our booth, and will be providing amazing ceramic pieces with the Sufi heart, so please come support her beautiful art. You can see Laurie’s work at https://handsoftheheart.
A bit about the dance…
The Dances of Universal Peace started in a garage in San Francisco CA in the late 1960s, as a spiritual practice brought through by Murshid Samuel L. Lewis. Today the Dances are essentially a grass roots network of people all over the planet, and we thank Live at Lava, a semi-local Dance event, for helping to coordinate and sponsor our presence at the Parliament.
Our network is supported by several organizations that provide a variety of services, guidance, outreach and funding, including: leader training resources, calendars of Dance retreats, and information on local circles all over the world:
- DUP organization: Providing leader training, mentoring, and outreach to numerous world-wide events: http://dancesofuniversalpeace.org
- North American branch of DUP: http://dancesofuniversalpeacena.org
- Oneness Project – Provides funding for various services and runs a major dance camp in the region: http://onenessproject.com
- The broader world of Murshid SA is supported and sustained by the Sufi Ruhaniat International: http://ruhaniat.org
Stay tuned to this page… more to come!